Tuesday, February 22, 2005

FiRe FiRe PanTs On FiRe

Today, school was normal, except that we had 2 period of Maths instead of English because there was a Maths Common Test after school. Oh. My. God. The exam soooo hard!! There are a few questions which I know how to do but at that time, I FORGOT HOW TO DO!! My mind was like, suddenly blank!!! ARGH!!!!!!!

After our exam, I and my friends went to have our lunch. Then we decided to go home. That was when we saw smoke at a distance. My friends said it was a bush fire; it happened a lot at Tampines. We went for a closer look. The fire was at a large grassy area opposite the bus interchange. All of us were panicky. We watched for a while and observed everyone around. Only some seemed to notice the fire. Then, we decided to call the fire brigade. I accompanied Farhanah while she made the call.

Four of us watched the fire for awhile. We were so shocked, yet awed, as it was our first time seeing a fire, with our own eyes! Then Mardi had to go back because her mother was fetching her home. The rest of us continue watching the fire, waiting for the fire brigade to arrive.

We soon felt calmer, and talked about things. Our personal feelings and such. I felt really closed to my friends then. We also talked about red ants, because there are a lot on the drain in front of us.

We didnt notice the time that flew by quickly. It was 5 plus when the fire brigade finally came. And there was only one engine!!!! That isnt enough! Time passed, but it seems as if they werent doing anything. The fire kept subsiding and new ones replaced the subsiding fire. My and my friends saw the fire engine going round the road a few times, for dont know what reason.

Then I and Farhanah saw this fire that suddenly burst out. It was really shocking and sudden! Then we felt panicky again, as we could see thick black smoke rising into the sky, and went as low as our level. It was so thick that we could not see the buildings on the opposite side at all! It was really bad air pollution. I could see the ashes flying about.

It was really a day which I could not forget.

No comments: