Sunday, September 11, 2005

Scholarship & Education Grants

So yesterday I went to the NTUC Marina 1 Boulevard to collect my hundred bucks. There were a lot of students there. The guest of honor is Mr Seng Han Thong, NTUC Assistant Secretary General and MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC, whoever he is. So anyway, before the ceremony start, they were screening I Not Stupid. Sad show. And the song didn't help either. Anyway, it started at 4 plus. It was supposed to start at 4, but Mr Seng arrived late. So we had to stand when he arrived, and then he gave a boring speech, followed by the Mandarin translation.

Then the ceremony begin. There was only 1 Haig Girls student and 1 Pasirian. Anyway, I waited a bloody boring 3 long hours. Just for a hundred bucks. IT was so boring, I smsed Mardiana. She was kind enough to entertain me although she was doing maths. Apparently stuck at question 5.

At one point of time, they announced my name. "Norhazwani Hamdan" My head shot up and I squinted at the stage. But these two ushers were blocking my view. So I stood up and craned my neck. I saw another girl there. If I'm not wrong she's a chinese. Apparently a mix-up. How many girl have the exact same name as me huh?? I had a big shock sia! Sheesh.

So anyway, I continued smsing Mardiana. I was freezing cold; I could barely type. FINALLY, the usher told me to queue up beside the stage. And the usher there had difficulty finding my name on the list. But in the end she found it. Lucky they announced my name right when I went up on stage. I shook Mr Seng's hand, smiled at the camera with my hands on the envelope, two flashes, then I went down stage again. See! So fast! And I had to wait 3 stupid long hours for that! If I got 1000 bucks, now that's another story.

So anyway, I went to the exit. There was a some sort of a "tunnel" there that leads back to the auditorium. When I went there, this girl presented me this envelope addressed to dunno who. A chinese girl. She went, "Eh" and took back the envelope and searched for my name. Zzz. Oh yea, the envelopes they gave out during the stage was blank and empty. -.-

So anyway, I wanted to leave after that but they didn't let me. Said it's going to finish soon. And it did. So apparently I was one of the last to get it. Ugh. Sucks. Well anyway, the pics will be up soon in the Ntuc website. I also dunno where. can't be bothered to write down the addy. But when I get it I'll try and put it up here.

No comments: