Friday, September 16, 2005

Sorry haven't been updating. Had no time. Anyway there's this crazy man living upstairs. He is always banging and shouting at his parents and whatever. I think he should get his head checked. I pity his elderly parents. His mother will always smile and wave at me everytime I walked past their house. However, I will always constrain myself from waving back whenever I see the man there. Yesterday, when I was walking home, I saw that man heading towards me. I avoided looking at him, but when we passed each other, he said to me, "Your (grand?)parents are the medical one right?"

I thought he said parents, butI couldn't be too sure. Anyway i plastered this fake smile and went, "Ah ya ya ya." Then he said, "Eh very cool ah." I faked a laugh in response, then I walked away hurriedly.

VERY COOL! HE ACTUALLY SAID VERY COOL! What did he meant by "very cool" huh? Did he think it's funny, being shuttled back and forth to the hospital, or does he wish his poor parents were in hospital too? And just the other day I saw him banging on the refrigerator. I swear man, he's so weird.

Today I went to the hospital to visit my grandmother. I ate lunch at the hospital's kopitiam with my sister. After finish eating, my sister saw a crowd outside the kopitiam. They looked like they were shooting a show. So me and my sister busybodied our way there. We saw this girl acting as a patient, and a guy beside her. He always act but i don't know his name. Chinese show. Should be. Finally we decided to go back to my grandmother's room.

After some time, I went to the Visitor's Lounge. Then this auntie asked me to buy for her a coke. using her money of course. She don't know how to use the machine I think, and she only understand basic English. And when I said basic, I mean REALLY basic.

So anyway, there's 2 options, Coke with ice and without. So I asked her which one she wanted. She replied, "Coke coke." So in the end I chose the one with ice. When the drink was still dispensing, she asked me, "Ok?" I told her, "Wait wait," in Mandarin, and she went, "Oh ok." When it's ready, I told her. She thanked me and drank her Coke happily.

Then, before I can even sit down, this Malay auntie called out to me, "Eh girl girl! How to make the coffee stronger? It's so bitter!" URGH! What am I?? The vending machine girl?!?! I told her to press the options, "More Sugar", "More Cream", "More ?" And she pressed More Cream and Less Cream. -.- Her eyesight something wrong. I didn't point that out. Then she tasted the drink and told me, "There cannot drink. So bitter!" Then there's this lady who wanted to buy a drink also. Then the Malay auntie complained to her. -.-

Then she took out more money and tried again. This time she pressed the correct button. Tasting it, she seemed satisfied and left.

The end.

No comments: