Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I killed a cat.

I alighted from the bus. Heading towards the overhead brigde, something caught my eye. I turned my head towards my left and saw a young cat in the middle of the road, lying down helpess. I took a few steps up the overhead bridge, but stopped and looked at the little cat. It mewed loudly and poignantly. I can only guess its body was injured. I felt helpless. I couldn't possibly move it. If I try to I'll probably die along with the cat.

I forced myself to tear my gaze away from the cat. I continued walking up. However, my eyes mmediately strayed away and focused on the animal again. To my horror, I saw 2 lorries heading towards the cat. I watched, and to my relief, the lorries drove over it, the tyres managing to stay away from it.

Feeling guilty, I hurriedly continue my walk, without glancing back....



That was what happened when I went to choir this morning. After choir, I went to check and I didn't see the cat. I hoped a kind soul managed to help the cat and not it being run over a vehicle T.T But that is what most probably happened..

No comments: