Thursday, November 03, 2005

Jalan Raya

Snap snap! The flash of the camera blinded our eyes. I was taking photos of me, my sis, mum and grandma. One whole family. After taking several pictures, we were satisfied and continued with our own work.

Several minutes later, my father arrived at our doorstep after his prayers at the mosque. I opened the door and let my him in. I salamed my father and my sister served him ketupat with some dishes. Meanwhile, I made him coffee. Few minutes later, I heard my mum calling me. It turned out that she wanted me to help her carry some stuff to our neighbour, and I did so.

After my father finished eating, me and my sis went to his flat. As I was getting out of the taxi, my head bumped on the taxi. I raised my hand to rub the spot and I felt a dent. Is my head that soft?? I didn't know if the dent is caused by the bump or it was already there in the first place. My sister freaked out a bit.

In my father's apartment, I noticed he have not tranfer all the goodies and food into the containers. My father requested us both to help him transfer. My sister was really lousy. I already transfered the 2nd kuih into the bottles and she is still picking on the scotch tapes. In the end I did everything. Talk about good-for-nothing.

We stayed at my father's flat for a while before departing to one of my aunt's house. We waited half an hour before the rest came. When relatives started filling in the house, she invited us all to eat. I advanced the dining room and took a ketupat and some dishes.

After that, the house that followed was my grandaunts house. She shifted from MacPherson to Bedok North Avenue 2. My father trailed one of my uncles to her house. We were told that the door unit was 08-53. We searched the door units but then my uncle realised they are all even numbers. We stopped at 54 and looked in. To our chagrin, we saw a head peeping out of a room. Chinese is living in that house! Me and my sister kept laughing. My uncle knocked on 52 for a long time, and the Chinese neighbour came out. She said something to me and I couldn't hear what she was saying. Then finally the door opened. It turned out to be the correct house after all. The Chinese neighbour returned to her house.

We watched a Malay show entitled 'Buli'. We were watching the show when 2 sour-faced Indian Muslims came asking for Hari Raya money. My grandaunt refused to give because they came for the 2nd time. UH HELLO. My grandaunt is poor and she needs the money more okay! She gave you guys the money the first time because it is Hari Raya after all. It's okay if you turn up at people's doorstep for money on Hari Raya but two times?? That's called shameless. My grandaunt ccocmplained about them and my father said, "Next time when people come for money, give them banana." Laugh out loud. I had to grin at this idea. When living, she gave us 4 dollars. I felt like refusing her money. Or she should at least only give 2 bucks. I felt so bad taking her money.

We went to Bedok next. Their house is near Vincent's, block 773 I think. They have a couple collection of plants which can cure cancer, ward off Aedes mosquitoes, lizards and bees. Cool. We watched Buli again. It's kinda an interesting show. Nothing much happened there.

The 6th house is near Sunplaza Park, at Tampines. Her house have so many trophies. I saw one with a Pasir Ris Secondary logo, dated 1997. I wonder who the trophy belonged to. Guessed what we watched there? Buli again! Uncle Din, as usual, said some stuff. I can't be bothered by his lameness so usually I didn't listen properly. I just laughed weakly.

We went to Pasir Ris next. It was the first house that I ate kuih. (Meals not counted here). And Aisyah, my brainy 1 year-older-senior, made some delicious biscuits coated with chocolate. After that, my father was supposed to send us home but his siblings wanted to go to his house, so we went to my father's house again. I helped to serve them drinks. My sister wasn't helping so I purposely went to the bathroom so she have no choice but to do the work. *Eye glints*

We stayed behind for a while to take picture with him. I forgot to take photo with him with my camera so I took picture with him with my sister's camera. After we're done, me and my sister walked back. It was already 7 plus.

Hmm anyway, here are the photos I took today. THAT I CAN UPLOAD. I took some with my family. In a FILM camera mind you. So you'll probably have to wait one month til I develope the film.






Me and my father.


Me father sis


I took the family photo by the way. Because my sister's aim sucks. ^^

No comments: