Sunday, July 10, 2005

OuTinG!

Yesterday was such a fun day!! Now I am aching all over because of yesterday!

My mother tongue teacher brought us out to East Coast Park for an outing. I woke up at 7.30, go online, bathe and got ready. I smsed Mardiana what bus I'm taking so she can take the same bus as me too. We arrived and say Zahri and Sofy. A few seconds later, Suryana came. Then Atikah, followed by Farhanah. Gerald smsed me that Farhanah walked past him without noticing him. Lol jokes. We waited for the teacher. She was 5 minutes late.

We took 31. The queue was sooooo long! We waited a while before the bus arrived. To our delight, it was a double decker bus! So of course we sat on the top deck. It was such a long ride! 1 hour! And guess where we stopped? AT MARINE PARADE! I WASTED MY MONEY AND 1 AND A HALF HOUR TAKING TWO BUSES WHEN I CAN JUST TAKE 15 FOR 30 MINUTES!!

Ah well, but never mind, it was quite a fun ride. And maybe if I took 15, I will turn out like Ritz, who had waited more then half an hour for us. He messaged Mardiana, saying he felt like a stupid guy standing there alone. So maybe it was not such a loss after all. Okay, fine, I'm lying. I wished I took 15. I could go with Atikah. She also didnt know where we were going to stop, and told me that she felt like a stupid kid, going back and forth.

Once we reached there, we ate breakfast at Mc Donalds and while waiting for the rest to finish, Mardiana played Neopets and I watched her play. The internet connection was faster than our school's but the flash games were sooooooo slow! Like Mardiana said, it was a game for old ah mahs.

I was afraid that I forgot how to balance on the bike, so I forced Farhanah to ride with me. Then can paiseh together. At first I was wobbling on the bike, but soon I got the hang of it. Then Mardiana fell, trying to do a "STUNT". She got a few scratches and she bit her lips I think. Either that or she hit her lips. After Mardiana cleared up, Suryana wanted to try out the bicycle, and guess what. Suryana can ride the bike! But she said she can't! So, not wanting to feel left out, she decided to rent a bike and I accompanied her. I was on the bike, on the way to the rent shop, when Mardiana called. I told her that we were going to rent a bike for Suryana and she said, "Kk, wait for me, I'll be there."

So, we WAITED AND WAITED AND WAITED. Getting impatient, Suryana told me to call her again. And guess what? SHE WAS AT THE JETTY, WHICH WAS DAMN FAR AHEAD! SO MUCH FOR THE "Kk, wait for me, I"ll be there."

So we rented without Mardiana and cycled to where Mardiana and the rest was, and saw the guys along the way. So we rode together. It was further than we thought it was. So finally we reached there. Then all of us rode back again. And Farhanah could cycle already. Woohoo!

At one point of time, Me and Farhanah crashed together. I didnt know what happened, it was too fast. I think we were too near. I braked but it didnt help. I fell and had minor injuries, so I'm alright. And one of Farhanah's sandal's strap broke. THEN soon after that, my bicycle accidentally wheeled over her foot!

Then Mardi fell for the second time, because of a kid who was running in front of her. Mardiana swerved to the right to prevent crashing, but the kid ran to that side too! Then Mardiana fell. The kid stared down at her for a few seconds, and then ran back to his mother. I heard his little sister, a bit older than him, explaining what happened to their mum and their mum chided his little son. Her leg was injured in a way. I think her nerves were stretched or something.

Then, Mardiana fell again! I didn't know what happened, but I think she crashed into Farhanah or something. And her jeans tore! And not below either, but it was so high up! It was a big rip too! Lucky I noticed, or else she would have walked around with a hole in her pants! Then we took a break from cycling.

Soon after, Farhanah invited us to go cycling again, while teacher stayed with Mardiana. Atikah told me about a yellow lighthouse, and I didn,t know about it. So we went there. It was just a small lighthouse, and I saw some guys with a surfboard. As if they can surf! OOOoooohhhhhh!! What a bIgGGGg wave we have in Singapore!! They looked like real idiots.

Then we went back to where Mardiana and our teacher were. Our teacher decided it was time to go home. And poor Farhanah walked slower than an old grandma, trying to walk with her broken sandals on. Me and Atikah lagged behind with her while the rest are all happy happy walking in front.

Before gong home, we tried to find some shorts or pants for Mardiana, and I found a nice pink bermuda for a bomb of 16 bucks. And poor Farhanah couldn,t find a slipper so she had to walk with one of her sandals spoilt all the way to Parkway. On the way to finding a pair of slippers for her, we saw the pet shop, spectacles shop and the message place where XiaXue went before, as written in her blog.

In the end Farhanah found a slipper she liked, and she could walk properly again! Then we drank at the hawker centre and chit chat for a bit. Finally we decided to go home, and tired out, I slept at 9 that day!

It was a fun day while it lasted, and no doubt it will be the last outing with her, with Mardiana having these accidents.

No comments: