Friday, August 05, 2005

PoetRy...

I was selected to represent my class for a poetry competition. Miss Ho selected me and Justin, and Carlo and Camilia for the English poem. Mardiana and Suryana volunteered for the Malay one, and Yi Feng and He Wei was chosen to do the Chinese one. Our theme was Friendship. So here is the poem I did with Justin.


Remembering how we shared our times together
Marked indelibly in my mind forever
Times that we cherished then and now
The times we shared as best friends

Even if you're now miles away
I will be by your side
But how can you be, you say,
No fear, I'm in your heart

If you feel like you're alone,
And you've nowhere to turn to
You can pick up the phone
Because I'm always here for you

Pour out your woes
Your worries and your troubles.
You'll always have a listening ear
To take away all your fears

I'll be there for you, every day
Helping you along every step of the way
When you think everyone has deserted you,
Fear not, I will always be here for you.


So what did you guys think? Teacher chose me and Justin's poem over Carlo and Camilia. Damn..

So anyway. The competition was today. So many people were there! There were a few outstanding presentation. And I was so surprised when our class got 2nd!! I think it's all thanks to Suryana and Mardiana, who read with lots expression and gestures, thought of the Malay class.. Woohoo!

Oh my god I'm so bored.

No comments: