Wednesday, August 31, 2005

TeachEr's DaY CeleBraTioN

We celebrated Teacher's Day today. How low-class; the lower secondary have to watch the concert in the canteen on the projector, connected to some video recorder upstairs, in the hall, where the concert was held, and where the upper secondary was watching. It was kinda boring, and the sound coming from the projector did not help. Furthermore, me and Mardiana were damn thirsty. During the concert, we went to the stall to buy drinks. There were plenty of students there too. The first time while we were queing for our drinks, Ms Ang shooed everyone away. The second time it was Mr Tan. Can't we at least get comfy when watching the tiny screen?

So anyway, here's how I started my day. I was in my father's taxi, almost reaching the school when Mardiana called. She told me to wait for her outside the school to help her carry the cake. While waiting, Suryana arrived on her father's scooter. She waited outside with me for Mardiana. Finally she came, and I helped her carry the cake. Then we have a small problem. How to keep the cake cold until it was time to eat it?

It was a chocolate sponge cake, coated by pink and white cream. It was really pretty!

It's blue because of the low quality by the way. Anyway, the camera phone did not managed to capture the beauty of the cake (Duh what do you expect?)

Anyway, -- I don't know whose idea this was -- but we asked the drink stall aunty to help us keep in the refrigerator. Lucky for us, she obliged. So we went to assemble in the parade square and did our usual routine; saying the Pledge and singing the National Anthem. After that we were to dance the Merengue and Cha Cha dance. LOL before the dance I noticed that He Wei's left shoe had a blotch of brown colour stuff that looked like shit. I pointed this out and me and Mardiana laughed hard, while he went to the grass patch to clean it off. At first I partnered with Gerald, and we stood and did nothing. Then Mardiana danced with me and we played a fool.

Ms Lim danced with a student with a long neck.. And she seemed to be enjoying the dance with him, with a BIG smile on her face. -.- -.-

Oh ya so after that, we went to the canteen to watch the concert. On the small projector screen, no less. It was a long time before it started. When it was about to finish, we opened the Pringles and Lays potato chips, and me and Mardiana served everyone (who paid the class fund) drinks. Ice cream soda. Wooh! Nice! After the concert, it was time to cut the cake! But not when the teachers are missing. So Mardiana and Suryana went to search for the missing teachers. They can only find Mdm Zulaiha, so she cut the cake. Weeee I got the cherries and a peach! Lalala~

Anyway, it tasted like a typical cake. But it was nice all the same. Then me and Suryana were eating the cake, when Jodie held up a finger full of the cream. She cried, "Miss Tay! Let me to your face!" and Miss Tay went, "Aaaaahh!" and nearly lie down on the bench to avoid Jodie's fingers. Jodie put her finger away, and Miss Tay sat back up, only to be threatened again by Jodie's finger. This time she went, "Jodie! Don't! Aaaaaahhh!" and banged on the two boys sitting behind her as a result of avoiding contact with Jodie's creamy finger. It was kinda funny. Should have recorded it.

So anyway, I didn't go back to my primary school. I have not even visited it once after I got in Secondary School....

No comments: